Friday, May 31, 2013

Southern Summer Reading List


Looking for a few good books to read this summer?

Just wanted to share a new board I’ve posted on Pinterest while the baby was sleeping. Called Doggone Good Southern Books, it’s a list of many of the books–novels, biographies, memoirs, nature books, etc–that have affected me over the years. All by Southern authors, set in the South, or Southern in nature.

Check my board out here.

This is most definitely a work in progress, and I’ve left several off (including, by not limited to, works by Zora Neale Hurston, William Faulkner, Kaye Gibbons, Mary Alice Monroe, Lee Smith, and more). But these are books that have touched my flawed Southern soul, and I wanted to share. Please feel free to write me here, and let me know if you agree–and for heaven’s sake, suggest some good books for me, too!

Happy Reading!

No comments: