Monday, September 23, 2013

Author Ann Hite at Asheville's Malaprop's Bookstore

Hi, all. I’m back from a wonderful and much-needed beach vacation with my family, including my sister, brother-in-law, and my brand-new nephew, quite possibly the cutest
baby boy on the planet.




Though a vacation with babies and a 4 year-old isn’t always that, we had a great time. September might just be the perfect month to hang out on the South Carolina coast.

* * *

Saturday night I’ll be headed to Asheville, North Carolina to hear my author-friend Ann Hite speak and read from her new book, The Storycatcher, at Malaprop’s Bookstore & Café. She’ll be joined by Karen Spears Zacharias, author of Mother of Rain.

I met Ann last Fall at the Dahlonega Literary Festival in Georgia. We hiked across the campus of the University of North Georgia (formerly known as North Georgia College & State University), talking the writing life, the mountains, and motherhood. Ann is a mountain girl deep in her soul, and her novels will sweep you into a deep, mysterious, spirit-filled world. I hope if you’re in the area, you’ll come out to hear her on Saturday.

For more information about the Malaprop’s event, click here.

No comments: