Monday, December 17, 2012

A Prayer for Newtown



Writers are often called upon to be the mouthpieces, and the memory-holders, of a nation. We're looked upon to say the things that others think but cannot express in the ways they'd like. As these days have passed since the horrific tragedy at Sandy Hook Elementary School, I find that I lack the vocabulary for such a loss. Words simply fail me.

I, and my entire family, wing out our thoughts and prayers to the community of Newtown, Connecticut. Our prayers join the millions, of that I am sure. May the air grow heavy with these prayers; may it thrum with the wings of angels. And may God help us all.


* The United Way of Western Connecticut has set up the Sandy Hook School Support Fund to aid those families affected by the shooting. To help, go to https://newtown.uwwesternct.org/.

No comments: