Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Where it's Snowing/ All Winter Through/ That's Where I Want to Be
























Snow


Snow
It won’t be long before we’ll all be there with snow
Snow
I want to wash my hands, my face and hair with snow

Snow
I long to clear a path and lift a spade of snow

Where it’s snowing
all winter through
That’s where I want to be
Snowball throwing
That’s what I’ll do
How I’m longing to ski
Through the snow oh-oh-oh-oh

Those glist’ning houses that seem to be built of snow
Snow
Oh, to see a mountain covered with a quilt of snow

What is Christmas with no snow
No white Christmas with no snow
Snow

I’ll soon be there with snow
I’ll wash my hair with snow
And with a spade of snow
I’ll build a man that’s made of snow
I’d love to stay with you but I recommend a little shut eye
Go to sleep
And dream
Of snow



~ Irving Berlin

Enjoy the photos of the Kowalski House on the campus of the Vermont Studio Center (where I'm living for the month), the Red Mill House (where the dining hall, gallery and VSC offices are), the Maverick Writing Studios, my own studio, and parts of the town of Johnson Vermont. We're supposed to get 5 to 8 inches (according to a Vermonter I met in town) today, and more every day this week. SNOW!

4 comments:

Ashley M. said...

Ahhh... my temporary state of Vermont. Drink a #9 for me, try to get to Burlington when you can, and enjoy the snow. I don't think it'll be going anywhere anytime soon. :)

PS- SCW is in my building on the 1st floor.

Ashley M. said...

Ahhhh... my temporary state of Vermont. Drink a #9 for me, get to Burlington when you can, and enjoy the snow. I don't think it will going anywhere anytime soon. :)

PS- SCW is in my building on the 1st floor.

Vinegar Martini said...

Sigh - send me some. At least the 'cold' front has come back through - it was almost 70 here earlier this week. It's FEBRUARY! I want snow.

Oh - if you need a laugh today - hop on over to my blog and read about the latest greatest in the life of your favorite niece,her cynical mom and more PTA BS in Suburbia!

Dave said...

To the writing Scott,
I love the quiet beauty of the photos, and especially the one of the house where you only see the door and half the house. Nice shot! Thanks for a relaxing few minutes, and although I'm not Chucky, as is said, "I'll be back"!
Dave at http://ahealthyopinion.blogspot.com